Technological advancements have skyrocketed business models to achieve customer demands across industry verticals.
Every industry on the planet is dipping its toes in mobile application development to stay ahead of competitors.
The revenue of the mobile app development market worldwide will ascend to 565.40 billion by 2030. (Grand View Research)
Similar to the other industries, the healthcare sector also is evolving around technological innovations at lightning speed.
In fact, technologies are spreading their roots deeper down the healthcare sector.
Technology is everywhere, from managing day-to-day business operations, storing patient data, and accelerating billing and payment process to healthcare mobile app development.
Moreover, due to the recent pandemic, mobile healthcare apps have made successful headway in our lives. Because of their contactless approach, people have fallen their heads over the wheels with mobile healthcare apps.
Hence, the urge to develop advanced healthcare apps has become more prominent. Healthcare companies, hospitals, insurance companies to other stakeholders are adopting mobile healthcare apps to streamline their business operations.
Additionally, countless endorsement of mobile and wearable devices has elevated the landscape for healthcare mobile app development like never before.
The mobile healthcare market worldwide was worth $38.2 billion in 2021, which is pretty impressive for a young industry. However, it will grow at a CAGR of 11.8% from 2022 to 2030. (Grand View Research)
The healthcare industry is thriving with advanced healthcare apps undoubtedly.
On the other hand, healthcare app development companies are striving to grasp endless scopes in developing apps for
- Patient management
- Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Web consultation
- Appointment scheduling
- Claim settlements
- Healthcare training, to name a few.
By and large, companies are leaving no stone unturned to ride on the healthcare mobile app development trends and present exclusive apps on the platter.
The Top Healthcare Mobile App Development Trends
Following are the hottest trends in the healthcare mobile app development realm aiding healthcare companies to grow and spreading roots fast:
The Advent Of Telemedicine
Many patients show reluctance to go to the doctor’s chamber to discuss their disease.
Telemedicine enables healthcare professionals to maintain convenience and their commitment to patients. Conversely, patients also feel comfortable discussing their health issues and getting solutions.
- Telemedicine is the ability of doctors to meet their patients remotely through telephone or video.
- By the end of 2028, the telemedicine industry will reach 636.38 billion. (Globe News Wire)
- Technological refinements and insurance reimbursement policies have been prime factors in increasing telemedicine acceptance worldwide.
- As telemedicine has grown in popularity, doctors and patients have grown more comfortable connecting virtually.
- Telemedicine has facilitated the monitoring patient data on computers, smartphones, or tablets, lowering outpatient visits.
- Doctors can remotely evaluate patient summaries, prescriptions, diagnosis reports, Etc. It has undoubtedly reduced overall healthcare costs.
- Furthermore, there seems no time to take patients to hospitals in many situations. Telemedicine is saving patient lives in emergencies.
AI Integrated Healthcare Apps
While discussing technological advancements in the healthcare sector, one can never avoid Artificial Intelligence efficacy.
In fact, AI in the global healthcare industry will hit $187.95 billion by 2030. (Precedence Research)
- Healthcare companies are implementing AI-enabled chatbots to assist patients’ round-the-clock queries regarding
- Appointment scheduling
- Information share
- Locating nearby clinics and doctors; chambers
- diagnosis report collection, Etc.
- Since chatbots hold in-built language processing, there are no language barriers in information sharing.
- Additionally, the healthcare industry can leverage AI-enabled applications in terms of data processing.
- With AI healthcare apps, evaluation of CT scans, updating new medications, tailoring treatment process according to the patients ‘ health condition, Etc., all have become a breeze.
IoT-Embedded Healthcare Apps
- IoT-embedded healthcare apps for wearable devices are gaining a firm grip on the healthcare market.
- The global IoT in the healthcare market will hike to $181.4 billion by 2022 and $952.3 Billion by 2032. (Future Market Insights)
- IoT-enabled healthcare mobile applications bridge the communicational gap between medical professionals and patients. They can connect with each other through IoT-embedded healthcare apps.
- Wearable devices enable doctors to monitor patients’ health and provide proper guidance anytime from anywhere.
- Hence, in the space of healthcare mobile app development, IoT-enabled apps and wearable devices are among the prime trends.
In terms of safe maintenance of information, Blockchain is peerless.
- In a nutshell, blockchain systems consist of blocks of information maintained within a chain.
- When it comes to analyzing its relevance to the healthcare industry, blockchain technology holds the potential to solve multiple issues.
- Healthcare organizations can unleash the power of Blockchain to make better disease diagnoses to reduce healthcare expenses.
- In fact, the adoption of Blockchain has enabled healthcare companies and hospitals to lower their business operational cost by up to $100billion by 2025. (Becker’s Hospital Reviews)
- Hence, Blockchain has ensured patient data is more secure, decentralized, and insightful, lowering the chances of fraudulent activities.
Big Data And Data Science -Driven Predictive Analytics
In discussing healthcare mobile app development trends, Big Data and Data Science are unavoidable.
- The Big Data analytics market will hit over $68 billion by 2025. (Statista)
- While Big Data in the healthcare market across the globe will reach a whopping $59.10 Billion by 2028. (Verified Market Research)
Data Science-integrated healthcare apps leverage predictive analytics to forecast
- Patients’ behavioural information
- Patients’ future health conditions
- Disease outbreaks
These applications evaluate patients’ medical records, diagnosis reports, bills, prescriptions, family history, climate changes, Etc. to make valuable and data-driven predictions.
Hence, organizations can offer more patient-centric healthcare services with Big Data and Data Science-oriented healthcare mobile apps.
The rise and popularity of healthcare mobile app development is an extraordinary innovation. Healthcare mobile apps enable organizations to offer customer-centric services, streamline business operations, and boost revenue.
In that case, healthcare digitization has facilitated the demand for healthcare mobility among patients, medical professionals, and healthcare organizations. The integration of advanced technologies enables app development companies to increase the capacity of the healthcare companies as well.
Healthcare organizations must partner with mobile app development companies to reap the benefits of healthcare technology trends.
But remember, the app development company you choose must specialize in healthcare mobile app development. For details, contact Orion eSolutions.