A vast ecosystem of tech, products, and services is now dominated by cloud computing. There are three main types of cloud computing services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Here, we will look at one of the leading cloud computing service provider, Microsoft Azure and glance at the biggest trends to his Azure in 2022. Let us begin by taking a look at the Microsoft Azure market presence. According to Cloud Health tech,
- Q1 of 2022 saw $5 Billion revenue for Azure.
- The revenue grew by 32% in a year from $10.2 Billion in 2020.
Microsoft’s statistics about Azure’s revenue is a combination of SQL Server, Windows Server, and Enterprise Server under its “Intelligent Cloud” umbrella. Microsoft’s highest revenue generation has been from the cloud infrastructure in 2022. So what exactly is driving this growth? What horizons are Microsoft aiming to create innovations in? To understand this, let us look at the latest trends of Microsoft Azure in 2022.
BIGGEST MICROSOFT AZURE TRENDS IN 2022
IoT (Internet of Things):
- The very integration of IoT into daily lives has presented the tech leaders with a vista into which they can productively scale their cloud technology.
- From the tech, now the application is seeping into devices like cars, phones, and smart home gadgets. There is a long road ahead for players in this particular sector.
- The IoT global market will reach a value of $1463.19 Billion by 2027 and will exhibit a CAGR of 9% during this period according to Globe News Wire.
- By 2025, IoT cloud computing market is expected to experience a CAGR of 12% from 2020. The market will reach $11.5 Billion by 2025.
AI (Artificial intelligence):
- Cloud computing is at the forefront of the domination exhibited by artificial intelligence across all industries and platforms.
- The cloud AI market was at $5.2 Billion in 2020 and will reach $13.1 Billion by 2026.
- The CAGR from 2020 to 2026 is expected to be 3%.
- Rapid adoption of Microsoft Azure across industries like retail, automotive, and manufacturing seems to be driving this growth.
- Apart from the advancements in tech and provisions, another trend that seems to have taken over Microsoft Azure in 2022 is the increased focus on safety and security.
- A global security architecture that ensures cross-platform data safety is under the spotlight now.
- Markets and Markets have predicted the cloud security market to reach an all time high of $68.5 Billion by 2025 in comparison to the pre-Covid value of $34.5 Billion.
- The CAGR experienced by the market will be 7%. Microsoft does not shy away from the real dangers of massive cyber attacks on cloud infrastructures and have undertaken drastic measures to protect its servers against the same.
API (Application Programming Interface):
- In order to enhance functionality and polish user experience, Microsoft is looking into strengthening its API support over the cloud infrastructure.
- Enterprises can run critical business functions on the refreshed platform and use automated facilities for deployment and to manage resources.
- With Azure API, demands related to website integrations and application monitoring can be met efficiently.
- With an extensive storage window and added functionality, serverless computing is taking over Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- It is a pay as you go, flexible environment which adds to the feasibility, flexibility, and functionality of infrastructures designed using Microsoft Azure.
- The serverless architecture market is expected to enjoy a CAGR of 22.7% from 2020 to 2025. The market was at $7.6 Billion in 2020.
- It is expected to reach a value of $21.1 Billion by 2025.
- The major driving force for Azure to acknowledge this trend and invest massively into it is the necessity to shift from CAPEX to OPEX. This can greatly reduce infrastructure cost by eliminating the need to manage servers.
As we can infer from the context presented above, Microsoft Azure’s cloud technology is leaving no depths of innovations unplumbed to provide a safer, secure, scalable, and stronger infrastructural capacities to its users. This is the prime reason why many global businesses and industry leaders have implemented the Azure cloud technology framework for running their business’ cloud services. Let us conclude by glancing at how the major players have benefitted from Azure.
GLOBAL LEADERS USING AZURE
- eBay experienced flexibility and scalability by deploying their marketplaces through the Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- Boeing partnered with Microsoft Azure to streamline its operations related to crew planning, maintenance operation, crew training, and fuel optimization
- Samsung adopted Azure to power its entire Smart TV infrastructure in over 120 countries.
- BMW and Microsoft Azure, in 2019, integrated an OMP (Open Manufacturing Platform) to experience a feasible, faster innovation in the entire automotive and manufacturing operations.
- GE Healthcare adopted Microsoft Azure to deliver its Core Customer Solutions in Cloud. GE enjoys a flexible and scalable platform to deliver healthcare applications through this partnership.
Microsoft Azure is definitely becoming a juggernaut in the cloud services and cloud technology sector. The widespread adoption, enhanced tech, and Microsoft’s promise of continuous and comprehensive innovation is the testament to the success and future milestones of the infrastructure. At Orion, we are the leading service provider for Microsoft Azure development requirements.